Sunday, November 30, 2008

Stuck in the Mumbai moment

I am stuck in the Mumbai moment. I can't move on. I feel rage but I don't quite know how to channelise that. The zealots have not just hit Mumbai, they have hit at the heart of freedom. For a philosophy that gives women no rights, to burn down a city where women can move around safely, might be an irrepressible urge. A city where dreams can be fulfilled is evil to people whose own dreams have been interred in hatred.
I really don't know where I am going with this diatribe, but I feel as much anger towards the apathy of our own. Faces I never ever want to see again include:
R R Patil: For the singlemost pathetic, insensitive and foolish statement I have ever heard in my life. I would wring his ugly, illiterate neck if I could.
Shobhaa De: All dolled up, eyebrows done to perfection, pearl necklace and voice quivering, raging "enough is enough." Did you practice those lines at the salon? So, can you do something about it? Because you can.
Arnab Goswami: If there is a worse television anchor in the world (Barkha comes a close second), I will watch Times Now all my life as punishment. Arnab, brazenly pimping the exclusives that his channel managed, is more pathetic than our coastal security.
Somebody tell me what to do because I don't feel like moving on. It's affected me more than I thought it would. Because what has happened in Mumbai is my problem.

2 comments:

TechScribe said...

Hey Anil,
Barkha deserves a paragraph too for needless histrionics and the amateurish questioning she did.On more than one occasion she tried raking up the Raj Thackeray(Mharashtra Vs.North issue) which was uncalled for.If I remember right, she even went to the extent of saying something that implied that NSG is full of Bhaiyyas.

anil said...

I am sure she does. But I was so mesmerised by Arnab's incompetence that I couldn't pay enough attention to her.