Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's torn at the shoulder

Famous Blue Raincoat plays in my head today. It is a Cohenesque day ... magical and melancholic in equal measure. There is something about this twilight stage which we call the end of the year. Never is the passage of time more stark than when a year calls it a night. It's a time to forgive, forget, hope, pray and Cohen. Famous Blue Raincoat plays in my head ...

What can I possibly say?
I guess that I miss you, I guess I forgive you
I am glad you stood in my way ...

3 comments:

East - West said...

Good to know you like Leonard Cohen's music. Wish you and your family a very happy New Year!

Unknown said...

WOw... gr8 post.. I was hooked...must have read all your posts in about half an hour....I like the way you write...would come back regularly to check for updates......also happy new year to you

anil said...

Thanks. Have a super 2009.