Monday, July 13, 2009

Elementary my dear fat Watson

Trying to get the touristy stuff out of the way before I become a proper local with my own cloud at the pub around the corner. So, I went to Madame Tussauds where I ran into a queue bigger than many countries I have been to.
Slinked away quietly to explore less popular shrines like the Sherlock Holmes museum on Baker Street. At £6 a peep, whole lot more friendlier than the Wax palace and a whole lot shittier. It's a great idea to have a Sherlock Holmes museum on B Street but for God's sake don't take stupid tourists for a ride. There is nothing in there really other than a fat old poor sod who dresses up as Dr.Watson and poses for pictures. And there is Sherlock's old potty if you are interested but you aren't allowed to use it. Not for six quid.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-) :-) Just the title was enough to brighten up this faded gray morning drenched in rain..

TechScribe said...

It's sad to see the Brits trying to revive an American tradition- making money out of everything they got. I think they must allow u to crap and charge u something for it. Proof that the Brits haven't yet totally figured out Americans.

anil said...

Sudhir, to be fair the Brits conserve most of their heritage sites very well. In the case of Sherlock, it must have been tough, cause he is not for real.