Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A life less ordinary

Robert de Niro as the psycho fan of baseball superstar Wesley Snipes in The Fan is an interesting slice of life theme. It's a crap movie but I like the heart of the theme ... a fan's relationship with the hero. It's an intangible, unfulfilling, illusionary relationship but a very strong and real one.
I feel sad that Michael Jackson is gone. He was an integral and invisible part of my growing up. He was by no means my favourite musician but he was a big part of my music upbringing. MJ was genius in the sense of the word -- brilliant and flawed and freakish.
As I sit through the circus that is the Michael Jackson memorial service, I feel a sense of loss, like I knew him. I was looking forward to seeing him perform in London. I can cross that off the list now. Hope he finds peace in death. It's been a life less ordinary.

2 comments:

Premdeep said...

Exactly my sentiments man. :)

TechScribe said...

BTW, Dr.Rajkumar's fans' association staged a condolence meeting for MJ. They all got together somewhere in Bangalore and mourned the poor chap's departure. Some of them said stuff like "Ivnu kunnididdakke nam kannada cinemadalloo solpa dance madakke kalithvu.' MJ touched a lot more souls than I ever thought he was capable of.