Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Life has a ringtone

I don't wear a watch because I can tell time on my mobile phone. I occasionally use it to call people as well. Was there life before mobile phones, Blackberries (plural?) and email? Yes, there was.
There was a time when you could not turn up for work and be left alone, a time when you bought Christmas cards and posted it in red mailboxes, when you arrived on time for meetings, when you visited family and friends and not made excuses via text. There was such a time when you had a life and it didn't have a stupid ringtone.

4 comments:

fishbowl said...

Oh, that last line made me chuckle:)

Anonymous said...

Your post echoes my thoughts on the subject too..we are so tech-wrecked on this iLAND.

TechScribe said...

How very true.

anil said...

Tech-wrecked is a nice word. Or two words. iLand is not:)